This article shows how GRP Roofing is an excellent, long term alternative to traditional felt on a flat roof.
In the UK we’re used to all sorts of weather conditions being thrown at us. From high winds to heavy rain to sunny conditions all in a single day and often its variable like this right throughout the week. When we have a Best Ways to Do Flat Roof Repair Valparaiso IN 46383 lot of variability in our weather it becomes necessary to think about our property, and how we might best protect our investment from the elements.
Flat roofs are one area of a home, business or other building which, if not looked after properly can lead to very serious water damage, rot, dampness and expensive repair bills. If allowed to go without repair, Valparaiso IN 46383 water will eventually pool on a flat roof, crack the felt and seep into the building below.
The solution is GRP Roofing. GRP, also known as fibreglass, is a highly suitable construction material for roofs. It is lightweight, tough, resists damage from water, frost, ice and snow. The material can easily moulded and shaped to fit its surroundings, and it is suitable The Advantages of a Flat Roof Extension for Your Home Valparaiso IN 46383 for use on a flat roof, sloped roof or another architectural feature, such as a guttering and towers or stacks.
Are there any maintenance issues associated with GRP Roofing? Put quite simply, no. With at least a 25 year life span, GRP roofing needs little, if any long term maintenance. Owners who have replaced flat roofs in favour of GRP find they Valparaiso IN 46383 have far fewer, if any, issues with their roof than when using traditional felt, plastic or stone as a roofing material.
A fibreglass roofing solution is also very easy to apply. It is cold-Cured, meaning that unlike tar for example, no heat source is required. Curing or drying time is largely a function of air temperature and humidity, the warmer it is, Valparaiso IN 46383 the quicker GRP roofing cures. It is a laminate material, applied in layers across the roof surface. The application process is as follows.
- The joists to hold up the new roof are secured across the roof span
- Boards are laid across and secured to the joists
- The edge trims are fitted around the roof boundaries
- The board joints (gaps Valparaiso IN 46383 between boards) are bandaged to ensure a secure flat roof without open air spaces
- A GRP roofing membrane is laid across the boards, in a process known as lamination
- A top coat of resin is then applied evenly across the whole roof, to secure the laminate and maintain a very flat roof. Colours can be added to the top coat to Valparaiso IN 46383 suit the application, property, client, and importantly, to match the building regulations.
- A final non slip aggregate layer can be optionally applied to form a safe platform to stand on e.g. if windows need to be accessed across the roof.